Web Publishing Policies
POLICY STATEMENT OF HKU SPACE PO LEUNG KUK COMMUNITY COLLEGE WEBSITES
HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Community College (HPCC) recognises its websites as a key strategic resource for information provision, communication, publicity and administration. HPCC will ensure the proper use of the websites and the technologies in fulfilment of its missions.
HPCC websites are the property of HPCC. HPCC will not tolerate any acts of misuse of the websites, infringement of laws, or any attempts to abuse its network and systems to tamper with its normal operation. HPCC reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against any person who performs, directly or indirectly, such acts. Such persons will also be liable for any loss or damage caused by the probibited acts.
ROLE OF HKU SPACE PO LEUNG KUK COMMUNITY COLLEGE WEBSITES
The HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Community College (HPCC) websites are intended for the following uses:
- Public access to HPCC information - to provide the most up-to-date information about the work, services and programme information of HPCC.
- Publicity and promotion - to provide a channel for HPCC to promote its programmes, services or events.
- Public and staff communication - to serve as a gateway for information dissemination, collection of feedback and enquiry, from the public as well as full-time and part-time staff.
- Administration and learning support services such as on-line application, enrollment, fee payment, library and e-learning services etc.
Collection of statistics on web usage and users' opinion - to understand their needs for better services.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
Information published on HPCC's websites is deemed to be the official information about HPCC.
Pages introducing the background of staff members are intended to provide their contact information, research/academic interests, and other relevant information.
DISCLAIMER OF RESPONSIBILITY OF PUBLISHED INFORMATION
- While every effort is made to ensure the timeliness and accuracy, no express or implied warranty is given by HPCC as to the accuracy of the information published, or the proper transmission or display of the information on the intended receivers due to variations in information technology and data transmission standards.
HPCC does not accept any responsibilities for any loss or damage arising from any cause of use in connection with its websites. It is also not liable for any malcontent of weblinks and webpages in the HPCC websites.
HPCC will take into account the following legal considerations when publishing any materials on its websites.
Normally no personally identifiable information will be collected from visitors to HPCC websites. However, where personal information is collected, HPCC will ensure the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance is complied.
HPCC will seek prior permission from the rightful owner when placing any copyrighted works, including weblinks, text, graphics, photographs, sound and video recordings on the HPCC's websites.
By the same token, HPCC's websites are protected by copyright and any attempts to reproduce, link, publish, distribute or exploit materials in them, in whole or in part without prior written permission of HPCC, will be deemed to have infringed HPCC's copyright.