HD Application Code: HP 83-507
Fashion styling and image design are integral parts of the creative industries, which have been a public policy focus in Hong Kong over the past few years. Professionals in this field are required to have specialist knowledge and skills in a wide range of areas encompassing makeup, hair styling, fashion coordination and art direction. The increasing demand for consultants or stylists to work in creative industries such as advertising, media, fashion and visual merchandising has opened up opportunities for those with the requisite knowledge and skills not only to work in Hong Kong but also to export their services and develop their creative industries in mainland China.
Programme Aims and Features
- Provides students with basic knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of fashion styling and image design;
- Equips students with specialist knowledge and skills in a wide range of areas encompassing the fields of makeup, hair styling, fashion coordination and art direction;
- Lectures are given by well-known professionals including makeup consultant Mr. Gary Chung and his makeup team from Portfolio Makeup Academy, image director Mr. Kary Kwok, costume designer Dr. Alvina Lee, conceptual visual artist Mr. Florian Ma and hair stylists of famous hair salons;
- Emphasises practical skills through workshops and projects;
- For students to gain actual experience in the industry, visits to related organisations or optional practical job placements will be arranged;
- Prepares students for entry into a degree-granting programme at university, and equips them with a sound base for future careers in creative industries such as advertising, media, fashion or visual merchandising.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes in Fashion Styling, Image Design or relevant disciplines offered by local (including HKU) as well as overseas universities.
Below shows the UGC-funded degree offer that our graduates/ students received in the past*:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BA (Hons) Scheme in Fashion and Textiles with Specialism in Intimate Apparel
*The is not exhaustive and only shows some of the examples.
Graduates will be able to take up positions in the fashion, media, entertainment and advertising industries such as fashion designer / coordinator, image consultant, junior fashion editor or visual merchandiser.