DFS Application Code: HP 82-402
HD Application Code: HP 82-502
The Higher Diploma in Business Management Programme is a comprehensive and broad-based business programme that aims to expose students to the major functions of a business organisation and introduce them to the core business management theories and practice. It consists of 2 years of study. The first year of study follows a common core curriculum covering generic and core business courses such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Statistics and Business Law. These courses will provide an integrated view of various business functions in the commercial environment. Students will be able to identify their area of interest and will be able to choose one of following specialised streams in their second year of study:
- Management Studies
- Management and Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Management with Business Law
- Management and e-Commerce
Graduates will be awarded Higher Diploma in Business Management.
Programme Aims and Features (Management with Business Law)
- Cuts across two disciplines (Business and Law) in an innovative way;
- Combines business with law to enable students to understand the legal structures within which businesses operate whilst gaining valuable business knowledge and skills;
- Provides insights into law to help students differentiate themselves in a very competitive market place. It is suitable for individuals aiming for a career in business and also offers an advantage to those students wanting management roles within the legal sector, where such knowledge would be highly valued.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to:
- Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business Management, Business Administration or other related disciplines offered by local (including HKU) as well as overseas universities;
- Bachelor of Commerce, The University of New South Wales Business School (Australia) (graduates may be exempted for up to 48 Units of Credits upon achieving the minimum CGPA specified by the University);
- BA (Hons) Business Administration and Management / BA (Hons) Global Marketing / BA (Hons) Hospitality Business Management / BA (Hons) Human Resource Management / BA (Hons) International Business, The University of Huddersfield (UK);
- BA in English Language, Swansea University;
- BA in English Language and TEFL, Swansea University;
- BA in Media and Communication, Swansea University;
- BA in English-Chinese Translation and Interpreting, Swansea University;
- Full-time or part-time, Bachelor’s degree programmes offered locally by overseas universities in collaboration with HKU SPACE:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management, The University of Hull (UK);
- BSc Business and Management, The University of London International Programmes (Lead College: London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE) (UK);
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management, University of Plymouth (UK);
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Human Resource Management, Oxford Brookes University (UK).
Graduates are eligible for exemption from:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for up to 4 papers in the Professional Examinations;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) for up to 3 papers in the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting.
This programme will enable students to explore career opportunities at junior supervisory level in business management and administration roles within the legal sector or related fields.