DFS Application Code: HP 82-102
AD Application Code: HP 83-202
This programme is perfect for students with multiple interests and diverse talents, and those who are still searching for their career path. It equips students with the tools and techniques to manage and improve communication in their professional and personal interaction. It teaches students to think strategically and digitally, to build relationships and manage reputations of the organisations. Students also learn the skills in print and broadcast journalism. The multidisciplinary approach of this programme increases the competiveness of the graduates in both study and work.
Programme Aims and Features
This programme aims at preparing well-trained and well-qualified graduates for serving newspapers and mass media organisations, in the private and public sectors, where they will put into practice their knowledge in organising promotion, marketing and public relations works. In addition, this programme provides students with a broad-based foundation in Social Sciences education to prepare them for higher level studies in related disciplines.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to:
- Full-time, Bachelor’s degree programmes offered locally by overseas universities in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC):
10-month, BA Communication, Advertising & Public Relations, Edinburgh Napier University (UK);
- 18-month, BA (Hons) Journalism and Media, Middlesex University London (UK);
- 18-month, BA (Hons) Media and Cultural Studies, Middlesex University London (UK);
- 18-month, BA (Hons) BA (Hons) Publishing and Media, Middlesex University London (UK);
- Year 2 of 3-year, BA Media and Communication, Swansea University (UK);
- 18-month, Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Media Culture and Practice, The University of the West of England, Bristol (UK);
- 2-year, Bachelor of Arts (Asian Studies), The University of Western Australia (Australia);
- 2-year, Bachelor of Arts (Communication and Media Studies), The University of Western Australia (Australia);
- Part-time, 2-year (trimester) Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Social Sciences, offered locally by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE;
Bachelor’s degree programmes in Social Sciences or other related disciplines offered by local (including HKU) as well as overseas universities, including Bachelor of Social Sciences offered by The University of Hong Kong (HKU).
Graduates can take up positions in newspaper and mass media organisations, or in the public relations and communication fields, in both the private and public sectors.