DFS Application Code: HP 82-405
HD Application Code: HP 83-806
More programme information and activities details could be found on the programme Facebook page or Youtube channel:
In 2018, the number of leisure tourists and business travelers visiting Hong Kong exceeded the level of 65 millions. In the years ahead, there will be abundant career opportunities for individuals who possess the required knowledge, skills, and in particular, the talent and passion for working in the tourism and hospitality industry. Since its inception in 2005, the programme has trained and prepared students to take up such a challenging and rewarding career in the tourism and hospitality management industries. Graduates may also choose to further their studies in a related field and achieve a higher qualification.
Programme Aims and Features
This 2-year full-time programme is designed to provide a tailored curriculum covering specific features of the tourism and hospitality management industries with a special focus on Hong Kong, at a level commensurate with junior management. The multi-disciplinary curriculum encourages the acquisition of basic life and employment skills and prepares students for a rewarding career. Graduates are expected to join the tourism and hospitality management workforce either locally or overseas; alternatively, our graduates may choose to further their studies in a related field and achieve a higher qualification.
All students will undergo a practical job placement of 6 months after the first year of study. All students in good standing will also be given ample opportunities to work indeluxe hotels and service-related firms. Since this programme was launched in 2005, students have successfully completed training in around 40 deluxe hotels in Hong Kong including the Peninsula, Grand Hyatt, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, InterContinental, Landmark Mandarin Oriental, JW Marriott, Shangri-la and Renaissance etc.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Programmes offered by local universities
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes offered by local universities, including Year 3 of the 4-year, BSc (Hons) in Hotel Management / BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The list below shows the UGC-funded degree offers that our graduates/ students received in the past*:
- The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Arts
- City University of Hong Kong
BA Chinese and History
BA English Studies
BA Linguistics and Language Applications
BA Media and Communication
BBA Business Analysis
BBA Business Operations Management
BSocSc Asian and International Studies
BSocSc Public Policy and Politics
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BSc (Hons) in Hotel Management
BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management
BSc (Hons) Tourism and Events Management
- Hong Kong Baptist University
BBA (Hons) Human Resources Management Concentration
*The above list is not exhaustive and only shows some of the examples.
Programmes offered by overseas universities
Graduates are also eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes offered by overseas universities:
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BBA in Global Hospitality Management (Senior year entry), Les Roches (Switzerland);
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BBA in International Hospitality Business (Senior year entry), Glion Institute of Higher Education (Switzerland);
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Management (Senior year entry), Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland);
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality and Events Management (Senior year entry), Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland);
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality & Design Management (Senior year entry), IHTTI School of Hotel Management (Switzerland);
- Full-time, Bachelor’s degree programmes offered locally by overseas universities in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC):
- 18-month, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Hospitality Management, University of Plymouth (UK);
- 18-month, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Tourism Management, University of Plymouth (UK);
- 2-year, Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in International Festival and Event Management, Edinburgh Napier University (UK).
Upon graduation, students will be able to explore career opportunities in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and overseas in a number of areas such as hotels, airlines, travel agencies, theme parks, service-related firms, industry associations or government tourism organisations. Some of our graduates are working in deluxe hotels, including the Peninsula, Grand Hyatt, Four Seasons, InterContinental Grand Stanford, Mandarin Oriental and Sheraton as well as airlines such as Dragonair and Virgin Atlantic.