DFS Application Code: HPDFS-BM
HD Application Code: HDBMGT_MBL
More programme information and activities details could be found on the programme Facebook page:
The Higher Diploma in Business Management Programme is a comprehensive and broad-based business programme that aims to expose students to the major functions of a business organisation and introduce them to the core business management theories and practice. It consists of 2 years of study. The first year of study follows a common core curriculum covering generic and core business courses such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Statistics and Business Law. These courses will provide an integrated view of various business functions in the commercial environment. Students will be able to identify their area of interest and will be able to choose one of following specialised themes in their second year of study:
- Management Studies
- Management and Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Management with Business Law
- Management and e-Commerce
Graduates will be awarded Higher Diploma in Business Management.
Programme Aims and Features (Management with Business Law)
- Cuts across two disciplines (Business and Law) in an innovative way;
- Combines business with law to enable students to understand the legal structures within which businesses operate whilst gaining valuable business knowledge and skills;
- Provides insights into law to help students differentiate themselves in a very competitive market place. It is suitable for individuals aiming for a career in business and also offers an advantage to those students wanting management roles within the legal sector, where such knowledge would be highly valued.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Programmes offered by local universities
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes in Social Sciences, Business Administration or other related disciplines offered by local universities (including HKU). The list below shows the UGC-funded degree offers that our graduates/ students received in the past*:
- The University of Hong Kong
BSc Information Management
- City University of Hong Kong
BBA Business Analysis
BBA Business Operations Management
BBA Global Business Systems Management
BBA Information Management
BSocSc Asian and International Studies
BSocSc Criminology and Sociology
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BBA (Hons) Marketing
- Hong Kong Baptist University
BSc Business Computing and Data Analytics
- The Education University of Hong Kong
BEd (Hons) (Primary) - General Studies Major
*The above list is not exhaustive and only shows some of the examples.
Programmes offered by overseas universities
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business Management, Business Administration or other related disciplines offered by local universities (including HKU) as well as overseas universities;
- Bachelor of Commerce, The University of New South Wales Business School (Australia) (graduates may be exempted for up to 48 Units of Credits upon achieving the minimum CGPA specified by the University);
- Full-time or part-time, Bachelor’s degree programmes offered locally by overseas universities in collaboration with HKU SPACE:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management, The University of Hull (UK);
- BSc Business and Management, The University of London Programmes (Academic Direction: London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE) (UK);
- BSc Economics and Management, The University of London Programmes (Academic Direction: London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE) (UK);
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management, University of Plymouth (UK).
Graduates are eligible for exemption from:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for up to 4 papers in the Professional Examinations;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) for up to 2 papers in the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting.
This programme will enable students to explore career opportunities at junior supervisory level in business management and administration roles within the legal sector or related fields.